Luang Prabang Tamarind Lakeside Cooking School
Hands on Lao cooking, Laos cooking class
Featuring the Tamarind Luang Prabang, cooking classes and a hands-on Lao culture experience...
Would you like to join us for a gourmet adventure on a unique lakeside location just outside of Luang Prabang? Then come and try your hands at cooking Lao food while learning about the habits and customs at the heart of the Lao cuisine. Learn more from our chef and the market visit, prepare, cook, relax and eat. Read more on the Gourmet online magazine article...
Tamarind Lakeside Cooking School,
a boiling culture...
“Gourmet Magazine”’s choice of Lao Cooking School Luang Prabang
A cooking class with a difference! Join us in Tamarind’s picturesque lakeside pavilions outside of Luang Prabang. You’ll cook authentic Lao food and learn about the specialties of Lao food while being taught a few extraordinary receipes. Fresh ingredients are at the heart of Lao cuisine, with some intriguing and unfamiliar flavours. We start with a visit to the major food market; explain what these are and what they are used for.
Then it's time to drive out to the ‘ Tamarind Gardens ’ to enjoy the Lao countryside while cooking and eating together.
On this Lao cooking class you will experience the below elements:
- Varieties of jeow: the fundamental Lao spicy dipping sauces
- Mok Pa, a popular dish of herbed fish steamed in banana leaves
- Tamarind’s cooking class speciality: lemongrass stuffed with chicken & herbs
- Laap, a national favourite of herbs with minced meat, fish or tofu & mushrooms
- Lao dessert course: a Lao cooking class surprise!
- Of course you’ll learn the art to perfect sticky rice and its eating etiquette.
- Vegetarian options
- Recipe book
- Transport included
- Excellent photo opportunities!