TOURCODE 12244 (EBT-2) Description
This two day tour is action-packed with trekking, mountain biking, elephants (non riding), homestays, and great nature views. We'll take you to the best highlights just outside of Luang Prabang. This tour is part of Tiger Trail's Fair Trek Initiative, which promotes community based tourism in Laos.
Join-in tours starting from $ 170.00
Day 01 Mountain Biking, Trek, and Homestay (L/D)
Starting from city center, we head out of the city into rural Laos on quality mountain bikes leaving. First we'll visit Wat Pa Phon Phao Temple with its golden stupa overlooking Luang Prabang. Next, visit Ban Phanom, the famous cotton and silk hand-weaving village that once made its silks for the Laos King.
Continue through jungle on to Henri Mouhot's tomb, the French explorer who discovered Angkor Wat. Here at the Nam Khan River, we are permitted to take a dip in the cool running water of this local tributary. Along the way you'll see farmers working the land, forests of teakwood, distant mountain vistas, lush jungle, and the smiles of passing locals curious about these 'falang' on bikes. Our bike ride will conclude at a riverside village at the base of a mountain where we will trek later in the day. Here we will take a break and eat lunch.
After a lunch break at the riverside Tiger Trail Adventure Camp, complete with a breathtaking 600m towering rock face in the background, we'll cross the river and make a 1.5 hour trek through lush jungle to a mountain village Khmu homestay.
You'll arrive at your homestay with plenty of time to explore the village with your guide, enjoy a Laos-style dinner, engage in games with the locals, try some Lao Lao rice whiskey with the locals, and more. This is your time to explore and witness the daily lifestyles of the hill tribes of Laos.
Day 02 Trek, Tad Sae Waterfall, elephant experience (B/L)
From our homestay in the mountainous jungle, choose among three trails of differing length to return:
1. Trek 1.5 hours off the mountain to the Tad Sae waterfall. You will walk with elephants through the jungle, can swim in the waterfall, and are welcome to brave a ride of 1 kilometer of zip-lines through the jungle canopy over the waterfall (zip-lines optional/paid for on site). Choose tour code EBT-2TS
2. Trek 2.5 hours off the mountain to riverside village of mixed ethnicity. Take a boat ride down the Nam Khan River to Tad Sae Waterfall. After interacting with elephants you can swim in the waterfall, and are welcome to brave a ride of 1 kilometer of zip-lines through the jungle canopy over the waterfall (zip-lines optional/paid for on site). Choose tour code EBT-2SD
3. Trek 3.5 hours off the mountain to a predominantly Khmu riverside village. Take a boat ride down the Nam Khan River to Tad Sae Waterfall. You will visit elephants and can swim in the waterfall, and are welcome to brave a ride of 1 kilometer of zip-lines through the jungle canopy over the waterfall (zip-lines optional/paid for on site). Choose tour code EBT-2HY
*Tad Sae Waterfall is dry from approximately March to August.
Included Travel Services
- Equipment rental
- Biking activity
- English speaking guides with license
- Support guide(s)
- Food and drink (water, tea, coffee)
- Entrance fee and permissions
- Elephant experience
- Boat Transfers
- Transfer back into town
- Village fees for home stay
- Fair Trek village fund payments
Not Included Travel Services
- Specialty drinks
- Tips for guides
- Tiger Trail tours are available every day -
Accessibility: Our trips are generally unsuitable for people with reduced mobility and other disabilities. Please contact us to discuss if this trip is suitable for your specific requirements.