TOURCODE 44458 (SHL-2) Description
Get out of town for some jungle exploration and luxury ‘camping’ on this two-day tour featuring an immersion into the lives of mahouts. Ride an elephant, cool off at the falls, and relax at night in a tent under the stars.
Prices start at $ 299.00
- 8:00 am – 8:30 am: Pick up by our English speaking guide from your hotel lobby within Luang Prabang,Laos
- Arrive at the Elephant Village Camp: Welcome greeting by your guide and participate in a short briefing about elephants
- Explore Elephant Village: Visit elephant hospital, museum, photo gallery and dung paper making area
- Learn to communicate with elephant: Enjoy the impressive experience of being a mahout and how they communicate with the elephants.
- Trek along the Trail of Falls: Enjoy a 2 km trek along our exclusive Trail of Falls through
- Lunch: Dine in the forest surroundings with a picnic box lunch prepared just for you at our camp restaurant (vegetarian options available).
- Continue of the Trail of Falls: Enjoy another 1 km trek on foot along the Trail of Falls, which follows a beautiful stream leading up to Tad Sae Waterfall.
- Tad Sae Waterfall: Arrive at Tad Sae Waterfall and relax, dip your feet or take a swim in the clear, cool water. A traditional long tail boat will be waiting for you. Enjoy the beautiful ride back.
- Bathe & Bring the Elephant to the Jungle: Enjoy the unique experience bathing the elephants in the evening and send her to her jungle hideaway where she gets to retire for the evening
- Dinner: Enjoy dinner at the Shangri Lao restaurant (set menu served)
- Overnight: Enjoy a relaxing night at our luxury Shangri Lao Tents/A-frame with stunning views of the Nam Khan River
- Awake from your Slumber: You won’t believe how tranquil and beautiful the Lao jungle mornings are!
- Pick Up the Elephant: In the morning, retrieve the elephant from her jungle hide away
- Bathe Your Elephant: Take the elephant down to the Nam Khan River for an exhilarating bathing experience!
- Elephant Feeding: Get up close and personal with elephants
- Breakfast: Enjoy breakfast at our Shangri Lao restaurant (set menu with coffee / tea and drinking water)
- Depart: Transfer back to your Hotel in Luang Prabang between 10:00 am and 11:00 am
Notes: schedules and itineraries are approximate and subject to change due to seasonal conditions in the jungle and at the camp. Elephant Village reserves the right to break larger groups into smaller groups and/or operate tour activities in a different order than published above.
Included Travel Services
Day 1 Services Included:
- Roundtrip VIP van transfer from your hotel to our elephant camp
- English speaking guide
- Camp introduction with discussion about elephants, elephant feeding
- 5 km elephant ride in Howdah seat with roof
- 5 km trekking on foot
- 5 km bamboo raft + an optional 30 min stop Tad Sae Waterfall
- All meals (lunch with wine, coffee break, dinner)
- Drinking water and welcome drink
- Accommodation in a luxury Shangri-Lao tent with a king sized bed
Day 2 Services Included:
- VIP Minibus transfer
- English speaking guide
- Elephant bathing
- Mahout training with one elephant for 2 people
- detailed background information about elephants and mahouts
- extra time to feed your elephant
- learn how to put the howdah seat on your elephant
- learn and practice how to get on and off of your elephant
- practice riding and controlling your elephant bareback on her neck
- Local village visit
- All meals (breakfast, lunch)
- Drinking water
Not Included Travel Services
- Specialty Drinks
- Tiger Trail tours are available every day -
Accessibility: Our trips are generally unsuitable for people with reduced mobility and other disabilities. Please contact us to discuss if this trip is suitable for your specific requirements.