TOURCODE 57156 (LSC-2) Description
The Luang Say Mekong cruise is a relaxing and breathtaking one-way journey over two days with one night accommodation at the Luang Say Lodge in Pakbeng.
You can choose to travel down river from Chiang Khong/Houay Xai (the Thai/Lao border) to Luang Prabang OR upriver from Luang Prabang to the Thai/Lao border at Houay Xai.
- Cruise the majestic Mekong
- Take in the breathtaking scenery from the comfort of the Luang Say Cruise Boat
- Stay at the exclusive Pakbeng Lodge
- Arrive in UNESCO World Heritage Town Luang Prabang in comfort and Style
Day 1 Houay Xay to Pakbeng (L/D)
After meeting your guide at the border you'll take a short transfer to the pier to board the Luang Say Cruise Boat before embarking on your cruise down the Mekong River to Pakbeng. This luxury vessel is fully fitted with every amenity you'd expect and offers one of the best ways to see the glory of the Mekong. En route stops are made to observe rural life along the Mekong and observe the local ethnic minority culture and a buffet lunch is served on board. We arrive in Pakbeng before sunset and check in at The Luang Say Lodge where dinner will be served on the terrace overlooking the Mekong River.
Day 2 Pakbeng to Luang Prabang (B/L)
A full breakfast is served at the Lodge to prepare you for your day's journey, you'll also have time to walk in Pakbeng, a small village with a bustling market, where people from the surrounding village of minorities sell their goods. Board the boat for the second leg of the cruise. Today, a short stop is made to visit a hilltribe village where you can watch the traditional process of Lao whiskey production before having a buffet lunch on board the boat. Continue on to Pak Ou village at the mouth of the Nam Ou River, where you visit the Tam Thing Caves - a holy buddhist shrine. We'll arrive in Luang Prabang in the late afternoon allowing time to visit the famous night market.
Tours also run from Luang Prabang to Houay Xay following a reverse itinerary
Included Travel Services
- English speaking guide with license
- Transportation in private vehicles
- Accommodation in hotels (twin room shared)
- All sightseeing as described in program above
- Admission fees to sights described above
- Meals where indicated in itineraries (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- Lao PDR government tax and service charge
- Luggage handing
Not Included Travel Services
- International air tickets to/from Lao PDR
- Visa fee (approximately US$30/PAX, depending on nationality)
- Meals not mentioned in itinerary
- Tips, drinks, personal expenses and other expenses not described in the program above
- Single room surcharge on request
- Travel insurance of any kind