TOURCODE 61274 (NK100W-2) Description
Built on the famous 100 Waterfall tour in Nong Khiaw, this is a two-day experience includes a homestay at a village on the banks of the Nam Ou River, boat rides on the Nam Ou, and a jungle trek to a large, historic cave used for safety by the locals during the war. This is fantastic tour to see the stunning landscape of Nong Khiaw, immerse yourself in a mountain village cultural experience, and experience the 100 Waterfalls.
Join-in tours starting from $ 137.00
Day 01 Nam Ou River Cruise, 100 Waterfall Trek, and Riverside Homestay (L/D)
You'll start the day with a peaceful boat ride on the Nam Ou River. Along the way, you'll be able to explore a small Lao village along the river. Then we'll hike through small streams and rice paddies to reach the base of the 100 waterfalls.
For the following few hours, you'll see only water and jungle and hear the sound of clear waterfall cascades. Your guide will lead you through the cascades and prepare a local-style lunch on the falls in the middle of it all.
A small villagers’ trail on the top of the 100 waterfalls will lead us back down into the valley, offering wide views over the landscapes of the Nam Ou valley along the way. Hiking back to the village we will have more time to see the daily life here, where you will spend the night.
Bring trekking sandals which can get wet and a jacket for the return is recommended as it can get very chilly in the evening.
Day 02 Jungle Trek to Historic Limestone Cave, Boat cruise (B/L)
Your breakfast will be prepared by your guide in the village. Then we'll go downriver about 1.5 km to a trail head leading to a historic cave nestled in the jungle.
It’s about a 4-hour trek through rice paddies and jungle up onto a mountain overlooking the river. You'll have lunch at the a cave that was used for shelter during the war and still has relics of its inhabitants. Return by hiking on a new path to the river where you started. We'll finish the day with a river cruise return to Nong Khiaw, arriving late afternoon.
Included Travel Services
- Entrance fees, local permission, taxes
- English speaking guide
- Food as indicated in the program
- Water on the tour start to finish
- All transportation
Not Included Travel Services
- Specialty Drinks
- Normal fitness and outdoor clothing. Be ready to stay wet for a few hours while in the waterfalls.
- Bring jacket for the way down as it can get chilly in the late afternoon.
- You will be walking in the water. Wear Teva style trekking sandals or shoes that can get wet! Please do not wear flip-flops.
- We recommend mosquito repellent, sunscreen, hats, and sunglasses.
- Bring a small day pack to carry water, essentials, camera, and a plastic bag to keep valuables dry.
- Tiger Trail tours are available every day -
Accessibility: Our trips are generally unsuitable for people with reduced mobility and other disabilities. Please contact us to discuss if this trip is suitable for your specific requirements.