TOURCODE 61343 (LRT-2VL) Description
Travel from the capital city Vientiane to UNESCO World Heritage site Luang Prabang, stopping for a night along the way in lively, lovely Vang Vieng. One of the most beautiful drives in Laos, this journey will give you a perspective on the vastness of this country of mountainous jungle. Ride in comfort and see the best sites along the way.
- Enjoy one of the most scenic mountainous jungle drives in Laos
- Cruise through karst formations on the Nam Song River
- Explore one of Vang Vieng’s largest and most famous caves, Tham Chang
- Learn about the Hmong and Khmu ethnic groups on village tours
- Observe the incredible diversity of fish pulled from the Mekong at a local Fish Market
- Visit Phoukhoune and Pathang for great photo opportunities and interactions with local culture
- Tour Wat Si Saket, Pho Prakeo, Patuaxay, and That Luang in Vientiane
Day 01 Vientiane to Vang Vieng (L)
You'll depart from Vientiane with a local guide and drive to Vang Vieng, known for its low-lying valley studded with limestone karst formations, on Route 10. On the way we'll stop at a fish market in Ban Tha Heua where you can view the abundance of fish indigenous to Laos. After touring an organic farm just outside Vang Vieng town centre, depending on weather conditions, we'll either take a small boat down the Nam Song River or continue driving into into town. There you'll visit one of the Tham Chang Cave, which has a stunning view of the valley (and is easily accessible for everyone), before heading to your hotel nearby the river.
*Optionally, you can explore the other side of the Nam Song River and the Vang Vieng landscape on a guided bike tour.
Day 02 Vang Vieng to Luang Prabang (B/L)
After breakfast at the hotel we'll depart for Luang Prabang. Have your camera ready out for a photo-op at Pathang you won’t want to miss. We'll continue on a mountainous road with breathtaking views. The drive is among the most beautiful in Laos, winding up and down and offering spectacular views, from jungle to low-lying valleys studded with the limestone Karst formations. We'll stop at Phoukhoune, with its lively market and fresh air, and enjoy lunch at the local restaurant Kiewkacham before continuing toward Luang Prabang. After lunch we'll pass traditional and picturesque Hmong and Kamu villages, arriving in Luang Prabang very late in the afternoon. We'll finish the tour with a transfer to your selected hotel (accommodation in Luang Prabang is not included).
Included Travel Services
- English speaking guide with license.
- Transportation in private vehicles.
- Accommodation in hotels (twin room shared).
- All sightseeing as described in program above.
- Admission fees to sights described above
- Meals where indicated in itineraries (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- Lao PDR government tax and service charge
- Luggage handing
Not Included Travel Services
- International flights To/From Laos
- Visa fee (approximately US$30/PAX, depending on nationality)
- Meals not mentioned in itinerary
- Tips, drinks, personal expenses and other expenses not described in the program above
- Single room surcharge on request
- Travel insurance of any kind