TOURCODE 61352 (LSP-4) Description
Explore the charming UNESCO World Heritage Site of Luang Prabang and the bustling capital city Vientiane. See the best of these wonderful cities in Laos, appreciate their beauty, understand their history, and reflect on their cultural highlights. A great introduction package for newcomers to Laos.
Private Tour Request Only - Not available as a Join in tour
- Visit Wat Xieng Thong, Wat Mai, Wat Visoun, and Wat Phra Baht
- Shop for local crafts in the colorful Night Market
- Cruise up the Mekong river to the Pak Ou Cave on a Traditional long-tail boat
- Ascend Phousi Mountain for panoramic views of the city and mountains
- Learn about Lao history in the Royal Palace National Museum
- Tour the sights of Vientiane: Patuxay Monument, That Luang Stupa, Wat Prakeo, Wat Sisaket, and Haw Kham
Day 01 Welcome to Luang Prabang (-)
We'll provide private transfer from the airport to your hotel before taking you to visit several of the most famous temples in town, including Wat Mai and Wat Visoun. Then you'll watch the sun set on the Mekong River from Wat Phra Baht and discover treasures on an evening stroll through the Night Market.
Day 02 Luang Prabang - City tour & Pak Ou Caves (B/L)
Optionally, you may rise early to witness the Buddhist Alms (at 6:00am) and then tour the bustling morning market. After a break for breakfast you’ll visit Phou Si Mountain and Wat Xieng Thong. This 15th century temple is the most important in Luang Prabang and among the most important in the entire country. Until the revolution of 1975 Wat Xieng Thong was the royal temple, supported by the royal family. During the 1960s Wat Xieng Thong was completely remodeled and redecorated, becoming the splendid temple we see today.
From there you'll walk to the Mekong River, where you'll take a traditional slow boat cruise, stopping briefly at a Whiskey Village en route to the Tam Ting Caves (also called the Pak Ou caves). This is a site of ancient spiritual significance, both Buddhist and animist. Within the two caves of Tam Ting are stupas, shrines, and carvings of Buddha. Over 4,000 wooden figures of Buddha, many highly ornate, stand within the natural limestone caves, testament to the skill of Lao craftsmen through the centuries.
We’ll end the day atop Phousi hill, from which you can see panoramic views of the surrounding town, as well as the confluence of the Mekong and Khan rivers. Coming down the other side of the hill we’ll pass part of Wat Phra Buddabhat (Buddha's Footprint Temple) and its quirky statues.
Day 03 To Vientiane by Air and explore the city (B/L)
After a visit to the Luang Prabang National Museum, housed in the former Royal Palace, you'll transfer to the airport for flight to Vientiane in the afternoon. After checking into your hotel you set out on a tour of the city, visiting the Patuxay Monument, That Luang Stupa, Wat Prakeo and more.
Day 04 Vientiane sightseeing and departure
"Sok Di," literally "good luck," is a traditional Lao way of wishing farewell. After a morning visit to Wat Sisaket and Haw Kham you'll be transferred to the airport for departure at your convenience.
Included Travel Services
- All sightseeing as described in program above
- Transportation in private vehicles
- Accommodation in hotels (twin shared)
- English speaking guide
- Admission fees to sights described above
- Meals where indicated in itineraries (B = Breakfast; L = Lunch; D = Dinner)
- Lao PDR government tax and service charge
- Luggage handing
Not Included Travel Services
- International air tickets to/from Lao PDR
- Visa fee (approximately US$30/pax, depending on nationality
- Travel insurance of any kind
- Meals not mentioned in itinerary
- Tips, drinks, personal expenses and other expenses not described in the program abov
- Single room surcharge on request
Accessibility: Our trips are generally unsuitable for people with reduced mobility and other disabilities. Please contact us to discuss if this trip is suitable for your specific requirements.