TOURCODE 61587 (LLM-2 ZNK/LSR) Description
You’ll have a variety of opportunities to interact with the elephants themselves, including riding them, learning a few specific commands, feeding them, leading them to the jungle, and learn washing them.
A night close to nature in a beautiful resort will prepare you for the next day, when you’ll start early to take the elephants for a bath in the river. After breakfast you’ll prepare for your return.
Day 01 Day with the Elephants and Resort
- 8:30am to 9:00am: Pick up by our English speaking guide at your hotel lobby
- Arrival at the Elephant Village Camp: Welcome and greeting by our camp manager and participate in short briefing about elephants
- Spend some intimate one-on-one time with an elephant. During this time, you can observe the elephant, feed it and learn to communicate with it for the most intimate elephant experience in Laos.
- Boat trip to the Tad Sae Waterfall (Seasonal): Take a traditional Lao long boat to the Tad Sae waterfall and relax, dip your feet or go for a swim in the clear, cool ponds
- Mahout Training: Receive your mahout training on how to control an elephant
- Lunch: Dine at our Elephant Camp restaurant. Buffet lunch served with coffee / tea and drinking water (vegetarian options available)
- Bring Your Elephant to the Jungle: Enjoy the unique experience of riding your elephant in the evening to her jungle hideaway where she gets to retire for the evening
- To resort and free time
- Overnight: Enjoy a relaxing night at your choice of Zen Namkhan Resort or Laos Spirit Resort
Day 02 Morning with the elephants and return to Luang Prabang
- Awake from your Slumber: You won’t believe how tranquil and beautiful the Lao jungle mornings are!
- Pick Up Your Own Elephant: In the morning, retrieve your elephant from her jungle hide away
- Bathe Your Elephant: Take your own elephant down to the Nam Khan River for an exhilarating bathing experience!
- Breakfast: Enjoy breakfast at our Elephant Camp restaurant (set menu with coffee / tea and drinking water)
- Depart: Transfer back to your Hotel in Luang Prabang between 10:00 am and 11:00 am
Tad Sae Waterfall is normally low or dry between Feb to August.
Select your choice of overnight at the beautiful Zen Nam Khan Resort or Laos Spirit Resort
Requirements for this Elephant interaction program
A normal level of fitness
Love for elephants
Respect the Lao culture, be open-minded
Flexibility and tolerance
Sun protection, swimming suit, towel and shoes that can get wet
We suggest a swimsuit, small towel, long trousers, comfortable walking shoes/sandals and personal items such as medications, sunscreen, insect repellent, etc. If you are staying overnight with us, our lodge is equipped with mosquito nets.
Included Travel Services
- Transportation (With pick up from/to the Hotel)
- Local English Speaking tour guide
- Meals (Lunch and dinner on Day 1, Breakfast and lunch on Day 2)
- Drinking water
- Elephant Village Contributions
- Elephant one-on-one, feeding, bathing and elephant interaction with mahout
- Motor boat to Tad Sae (depending on season)
- All local permissions and taxes
- All entrance fees
- One night in your selection of Zen Nam Khan Resort or Lao Spirit Resort
- Not Included Travel Services
- Specialty drinks
- Tips for guides
- Tiger Trail tours are available every day -
Accessibility: Our trips are generally unsuitable for people with reduced mobility and other disabilities. Please contact us to discuss if this trip is suitable for your specific requirements.