TOURCODE 66203 (MTO-2-A) Description
Start in Luang Prabang and set on a thrilling ride up to Nong Khiaw, filled with spectacular views of the countryside. Along the way you’ll get the chance to visit Pak Ou caves and observe the Lao silk and cotton weaving process. When night falls, you can stay in a local homestay and experience traditional Lao cuisine. The next day will see you through more mountain views, farmlands, and plantations as you wind your way along the Nam Ou River.
Level: All riders
Distance: Approx. 400 km
Terrain: Approx. 40% Off-road (Day 1), 35% Off-road (Day 2)
NOTE: Option of more Off-road is available for the experienced rider.
TOUR CODE : MTO-2-A1 (Homestay) or MTO-2-A2 (Guesthouse)
- Luang Prabang – Pak Ou – Ban Nagnan – Ban Payong/Nong Khiaw
- Ban Payong/Nong Khiaw – Viang Kham – Paxeng – Luang Prabang
Day 01 Luang Prabang – Pak Ou – Ban Nagnan – Ban Payong/Nong Khiaw (D)
Your motorcycle journey starts in Luang Prabang as you head up north toward Nong Khiaw on extensive dirt and asphalt roads. This is a thrilling ride into the countryside with scenic landscapes. You will get to visit the Pak Ou caves, a historically important site for Buddhism. There are more than a hundred tiny of Buddha statues in this cave. The various Buddha sculptures are in positions of meditation, teaching, peace, rain, and reclining. After the caves, Experienced rider will have an option to ride out on your motorcycle toward Pakmong and cross Nam Nga River by bamboo raft to Ban Kokna (Beginner - Intermediate will ride on-road to Ban Nayang). Continue riding to Ban Nayang to observe the continued tradition of silk weaving and silk dying from natural materials. Your night consists of an authentic homestay in Ban Payong with the local family, where you will enjoy freshly cooked Lao food and have a deeper understanding of their unique way of life. If you are not interested in the home stay experience, we can accommodate you in a nearby guest house in Nong Khiaw.
Day 02 Ban Payong/Nong Khiaw – Viang Kham – Paxeng – Luang Prabang (B)
The next day of your motorcycle journey involves riding out on scenic mountain ridges from Nong Khiaw. You will pass along winding roads near the Nam Ou River. The Nam Ou is one of the most important rivers in Laos that runs from the northern province of Phongsaly to Luang Prabang. You will pass by open farmlands and plantations on your journey through villages back to Luang Prabang.
Due to the nature of adventure tours and the unpredictability of the weather, the itinerary may be changed at the discretion of the guide. If you do not wish to stay overnight in a village, you can stay at a guesthouse in Nong Khiaw alongside the Nam Saung River (additional cost).
What is included?
- Professional English Speaking Guide
- Dirt Bike - Honda CRF250
- Riding Gear (Helmet, Glove, Boot, Jacket and Protection Gear)
- Third person insurance
- Accommodation as described in the itinerary
- Meal (s) as described in the itinerary (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- Entrance fee as described in the itinerary
- Tax, service charge and permits
What is excluded?
- Riding Long Pants (we recommend a pair of jeans)
- Personal insurance (this at your own risk)
- Coverage for any damages to gear or the motorcycle
- Air ticket
- Visa fee (approximately US$30/person, depending on nationality)
- Travel insurance of any kind
- Tip, drinks, personal expense and other expenses not described in the itinerary
- Single Supplement for Single Occupancy
Accessibility: Our trips are generally unsuitable for people with reduced mobility and other disabilities. Please contact us to discuss if this trip is suitable for your specific requirements.