TOURCODE 66230 (MTO-1-B) Description
Your motorcycle journey begins in Luang Prabang before crossing the Mekong River on a ferry. You will drive out of Luang Prabang along dusty roads to experience local villages far removed from the city. Located in the heart of Southeast Asia, Laos is one of the most ethnically diverse countries in the world. Out of 49 officially recognized groups, you will be able to meet both the Khmu and Hmong ethnic groups in their villages. These groups each have their own distinctive language, culture, and heritage. Local Lunch en-route. The highlight of this motorcycle tour is a stop at a beautiful elephant camp on your way back to Luang Prabang. At this camp you can ride, bathe, feed, and befriend these big elephants. Laos was once known as Lan Xang, or “land of a million elephants”. You should not leave Laos without interacting with these friendly giants! Your motorcycle tour concludes once you arrive back in Luang Prabang.
Level: Beginner - Intermediate
Distance: Approx. 120km
Terrain: Approx. 20% Off-road
08:30 : Pick-up at your hotel or guesthouse
08:45 : Introduction to motorcycle, riding tips and paperwork
09:00 : Start up your engine and begin the tour
12:30 : Break for local lunch
14:00 : Return to Luang Prabang
Due to the nature of adventure tours and the unpredictability of the weather, the itinerary may be changed at the discretion of the guide.
What is included?
- Professional English Speaking Guide
- Dirt Bike - Honda CRF250
- Riding Gear (Helmet, Glove, Boot, Jacket and Protection Gear)
- Third person insurance
- Meal (s) as described in the itinerary
- Entrance fee as described in the itinerary
- Tax, service charge and permits
What is excluded?
- Riding Long Pants (we recommend a pair of jeans)
- Personal insurance (this at your own risk)
- Coverage for any damages to gear or the motorcycle
- Air ticket
- Visa fee (approximately US$30/person, depending on nationality)
- Travel insurance of any kind
- Tip, drinks, personal expense and other expenses not described in the itinerary
Accessibility: Our trips are generally unsuitable for people with reduced mobility and other disabilities. Please contact us to discuss if this trip is suitable for your specific requirements.