TOURCODE 69141 (NK100WNL-2) Description
Built on the famous 100 Waterfall tour in Nong Khiaw, this is a two-day experience including a cultural village homestay at a Hmong lao Khamu village, boat rides on the Nam Ou River , jungle trekking.waterfalls, visiting a historical cave and optional kayaking.This is fantastic tour to see the stunning landscape around Nong Khiaw, immerse yourself in a cultural village experience, and trek the famous 100 Waterfalls .
This tour has it all for the fit and adventurous.
Join-in tours starting from $ 181
Day 01 Nam Ou River Cruise, 100 Waterfall Trek, and Cultural Village Homestay (L/D)
You'll start the day with a traditional long boat ride on the Nam Ou River. Along the way, you'll be able to explore a small Lao village along the river. Then we'll hike through small streams and rice paddies to reach the base of the 100 waterfalls.
For the following few hours, you'll see only water and jungle and hear the sound of clear waterfall cascades. Your guide will lead you through the cascades and prepare a local-style lunch on the falls in the middle of it all.
After lunch we walk back down the valley by a small trail back to the village where we learn about village life.
We take the boat back to Nong Khiaw stopping to look at another Lao/Khamu village and a historical cave which was a hospital and ammunitions dump during the war.
At the cave you are picked up by tuk tuk and taken to a small village where you trek a further 2 hrs along small roads to your homestay in a Hmong/Khamu village where you get the chance to visit the local farm do some fishing and help to cook your own dinner.
You sleep in small bungalows next to the family house.
Day 02 Jungle Trek, Local Villages, Beautiful Waterfalls, Kayak or Boat Cruise (B/L)
After eating a traditional breakfast prepared by your homestay hosts we start your jungle trek through a mountain pass covered in secondary forest and down through stunning scenery to a small khamu village nestled on the Nam ou river
We stop to look around and have a home cooked lunch there and then take a short boat ride to further trek 1hr to a beautiful waterfall where we swim and relax.
After trekking back to the river we kayak or take a relaxing slow boat home.
- 2 hrs 40 mins boat ride
- 20 mins tuk tuk ride
- 5 hrs walking (6 hrs if raining 1st day)
- 5.5 hrs walking (6 hrs if raining 2nd day)
Included Travel Services
- Entrance fees, local permission, taxes
- English speaking guide
- Food as indicated in the program
- Water on the tour start to finish
- All transportation incl boat rides
- Pickup from Guesthouse
Not Included Travel Services
- Specialty Drinks
- Normal fitness and outdoor clothing. Be ready to stay wet for a few hours while in the waterfalls.
- Bring jacket for the way down as it can get chilly in the late afternoon.
- You will be walking in the water. Wear Teva style trekking sandals or shoes that can get wet! Please do not wear flip-flops.
- We recommend mosquito repellent, sunscreen, hats, and sunglasses.
- Bring a small day pack to carry water, essentials, camera, and a plastic bag to keep valuables dry.
There can be leeches during the end of the rainy season but they don’t cause any harm. Our guides know how to keep them off you.
Medium to difficult
- Tiger Trail tours are available every day -
|Private Tour: Prices available upon request, indicate group size|
Private Tour - 2 people. Pric eper person
31.10.2016 - 31.10.2022Monday, 31. October 2016 - Monday, 31. October 2022
Join-in tour, Price Per Person. Min 2 people.
31.10.2016 - 15.10.2020Monday, 31. October 2016 - Thursday, 15. October 2020