TOURCODE 69972 (MTO-3-C) Description
Start in Luang Prabang ride northeast and discover stunning Lao countryside on the way to Vieng Thong, far from the tourist trail. Hit dirt trails on day 2 to Xiangkhoang Province and up to the US Airbase LS36, the steel drum village and onto the fascinating Plain of Jars. On day 3 you will discover remote country areas and ride 140 km off road heading back to Luang Prabang.
Distance: Approx. 650 km
Terrain: Approx. 35% Off-road (Day 1), 80% Off-road (Day 2), 60% Off-road (Day 3)
- Luang Prabang - Vieng Thong - Phonsavanh - Luang Prabang
Day 01 Luang Prabang - Vieng Thong
You will begin the tour by riding northeast out of town on a short stretch of tarmac before switching over to a stunning graded section through the Lao countryside. You will then turn back onto the tarmac for roughly 70km into Vieng Thong, a small Lao village that is far from the tourist trail. We will stay overnight here at local guesthouse.
Day 02 Vieng Thong - Phonsavanh (B)
Today, you will begin riding off-road along dirt trails heading south towards Phonsavanh, the capital of Xiangkhoang Province. The route from Vieng Thong has some challenging twist and turns that will take us up to the old United States’ air base, LS36, and to the steel drum village of Ban Nakout before emerging into the wide-open plains of jars in Phonsavanh.
Day 03 Phonsavanh - Luang Prabang (B)
After breakfast, you will head out west on wide open roads through some remote areas of the country, With over 140 km of off-road riding, this will be one of your longest days out on the bike. This route features some river crossings and challenging trails through the mountains as you head back to Luang Prabang.
Due to the nature of adventure tours and the unpredictability of the weather, the itinerary may be changed at the discretion of the guide.
What is included?
- Professional English Speaking Guide
- Dirt Bike - Honda CRF250
- Riding Gear (Helmet, Glove, Boot, Jacket and Protection Gear)
- Third person insurance
- Accommodation as described in the itinerary
- Meal (s) as described in the itinerary (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- Entrance fee as described in the itinerary
- Tax, service charge and permits
What is excluded?
- Riding Long Pants (we recommend a pair of jeans)
- Personal insurance (this at your own risk)
- Coverage for any damages to gear or the motorcycle
- Air ticket
- Visa fee (approximately US$30/person, depending on nationality)
- Travel insurance of any kind
- Tip, drinks, personal expense and other expenses not described in the itinerary
- Single Supplement for Single Occupancy
Accessibility: Our trips are generally unsuitable for people with reduced mobility and other disabilities. Please contact us to discuss if this trip is suitable for your specific requirements.