TOURCODE 72899 (VTMKT) Description
We go to the market together exploring fresh foods and unknown ingredients such as buffalo skin, wood for spicy soups, herbs that have only been discovered in Laos, and unique street food besides interesting buildings in the heart of Luang Prabang World Heritage town. Discover the undiscovered,...virtually.
1-4 people $ 35.00
40 Min Virtual Tour of Local Market
Meet your guide online through a video call and head into the Luang Prabang world heritage town together. We will start the virtual tour in a small street near the National Museum, the former royal palace. Together we head for the famous Morning Market, a lively street where locals stock up on all sort of interesting supplies. It is relaxed and friendly. Vendors start setting every day before sunrise, it's the earliest market in Luang Prabang. The great advantage of the morning market is that it’s located right in the heart of ancient Luang Prabang, on the lanes surrounding Wat Mai, a colorful temple and monastery complex as well as aside from colonial time influences buildings just off Sisavangvong Road.
You'll see jungle vegetables laid out on the ground and across tables, local meats, fruit, herbs, spices and charcoal-grilled chunks of honeycomb, full of bee larvae wrapped in a banana leaf - a true local delicacy.
Learn from your guide how items are used in Lao kitchens. Every year previously unknown varieties of plants are discovered at this morning market. Be assured this will be an inspiring and interesting encounter. What you see will impress you, missing that you can’t smell things through this virtual experience.
- After the purchase of your experience, contact our office with your desired time and date.
- Please be aware of potential different time zones.
- Our Team will then confirm time and date of your experience.
- All experiences are done by either ZOOM or Skype.
- An invitation link or information how to connect with your host will be send to you.
- All experiences are subject to the availability of the experience host.
- Please note that certain experiences may require some advance preparation.
- If any is required, this will be explicit mentioned.
- All experiences are interactive and live with the host.
- Enjoy your experience from the comfort of your home!
- We recommend you to record the experience so you can always view it again later.
- Prerequisites: Good internet connections, Free Zoom or skype account, Good technical devices either laptop, tablet, desktop or mobile phone, Properly installed microphone and camera.
Cancelation and Refund Conditions
- FULL REFUND for 7 days from the day of purchase.
- 5% charge up to 30 days before the expiration of the voucher.
- 15% charge up to 7 days before the expiration of the voucher.
- Non-refundable 0 – 7 days before expiration, or once a fixed booking has been made.
Included Travel Service
- English speaking guides with license
- Entrance fees, taxes & local permissions
Not Included Travel Service