TOURCODE 72900 (VTWAT) Description
Would you like to meet a Novice or Monk in Luang Prabang? We explore two local Buddhist monasteries and temples. We will visit the holiest prayer room and also talk with a local monk or novice to exchange ideas about their daily life and what it's like to be a monk.
1-4 people $ 35.00
40 Min Virtual Tour of Temples and meeting a monk
Meet your guide in a street in the tourist area in the heart of ancient Luang Prabang. We walk to one of the most famous temples in Luang Prabang - Wat Mai Suwannaphumaham. Built at the turn of the 18th century, it is the largest temple in Luang Prabang.
Monks are revered and highly respected. Novice monks are the first stage of entering the monk world. It is when young males are taught the ways of Buddhism and how to become a monk. Most Lao males join a monastery for some period of their lives. For many children in rural areas, joining a monastery is the only available option for education. Life is not always easy and young monks follow a strict daily routine, living communally, sharing food and daily chores.
We will visit another Wat nearby that is not so ornately decorated and reflects a more typical temple of the area (there are 30 temples in the small town of Luang Prabang).
You will have the opportunity to talk with a Novice or Monk and share experiences about their life and yours. They are usually keen to speak with foreigners and learn as much about your life as you theirs.
Our Local hosts come from various trades of life and take you along into this experience connecting your home with their culture and lifestyle.
- After the purchase of your experience, contact our office with your desired time and date.
- Please be aware of potential different time zones.
- Our Team will then confirm time and date of your experience.
- All experiences are done by either ZOOM or Skype.
- An invitation link or information how to connect with your host will be send to you.
- All experiences are subject to the availability of the experience host.
- Please note that certain experiences may require some advance preparation.
- If any is required, this will be explicit mentioned.
- All experiences are interactive and live with the host.
- Enjoy your experience from the comfort of your home!
- We recommend you to record the experience so you can always view it again later.
- Prerequisites: Good internet connections, Free Zoom or skype account, Good technical devices either laptop, tablet, desktop or mobile phone, Properly installed microphone and camera.
Cancelation and Refund Conditions
- FULL REFUND for 7 days from the day of purchase.
- 5% charge up to 30 days before the expiration of the voucher.
- 15% charge up to 7 days before the expiration of the voucher.
- Non-refundable 0 – 7 days before expiration, or once a fixed booking has been made.
Included Travel Service
- English speaking guides with license
- Entrance fees, taxes & local permissions
Not Included Travel Service