Laos Travel Guide
Laos – Luscious landscapes, winding rivers, beautiful people. The country that has an experience to offer everyone, and will ensure you take away long lasting and treasured memories.
COVID-19 TRAVEL INFORMATION FOR LAO
On 9 May 2022 Laos opened its borders.
Entry requirements into Laos are:
- All international checkpoints will be open for entry and exit by Lao citizens, foreign residents, tourists, and other types of visitors.
- Citizens of countries that have bilateral or unilateral visa waiver agreements with Laos may now enter Laos without the need for a visa.
- Citizens of countries that do not have a visa waiver agreement with Laos may now apply for a visa at a Lao embassy or consulate abroad or via the e-Visa online system. Visa on arrivals will also be reinstated at certain international checkpoints.
- Fully vaccinated foreigners or Lao citizens carrying a vaccination certificate may enter Laos without any screening or testing for Covid-19 when arriving by land, air, or water.
- Non-vaccinated citizens of Laos, foreign citizens, or residents aged 12 years and over must take a Rapid Antigen Test (ATK) not more than 48 hours prior to departure and present the results upon arrival.
- Foreign arrivals in Laos that become infected with Covid-19 must bear responsibility for any and all medical costs involved in treatment.
- Private vehicles may now enter and exit the territory of Laos via checkpoints as prior to the pandemic. Guidelines regarding this measure will be drafted and publicized by the Ministry of Public Works and Transport.
COVID-19 Procedures within Laos.
Travelers can expect to follow standard COVID-19 hygiene measures such as wearing masks in public places, in vehicles, and frequent hand-sanitizing. We have implemented a COVID-19 safety procedure for staff, guides and drivers who will wear masks and hotels will practice contactless check-ins.
For other Visa related information see our Travel Guide.
We are taking bookings and operating tours.