Biking in Laos - Cycling in Laos
Take your time to discover and experience the Lao way of life with one of our wonderful bike and cycling excursions in Laos. Meet people, discover hidden places and the secrets of Laos and Thailand on a 1-3 week guided biking tour. You will find less people and more nature when you cycle in beautiful remote Laos!
We offer full country bike tours in Laos and Thailand as well as great activity combinations with trekking, sightseeing, water sports in every level.
Check out our itineraries or ask for a tailor made programs in and around Luang Prabang and Laos.
Equipment - Organization for bike tours in Laos:
+ We can provide standard mountain bikes with 21/24 gears and suspension
+ Helmets are provided for every bike tour rider
+ A guide will be following the tours with some spare parts and equipment
+ On multi day tours a back up car will follow the bike group
+ following travel arrangements can be done through our head office
That accommodation may be very basic on some tours as Laos is still a country with limited facilities. You have to arrive with a certain tolerance for the lower standards. Good hotels are provided on every city stop such as Vientiane, Luang Prabang, Vang Vieng and so on!
Bringing your own bike to Laos
is highly recommended and is a plus in comfort for you.
It also affects the price of the biking trip. It is very hard to rent bags, so better bring your own cycling bags with you.
Why biking in Laos, do you really want to cycle a bike in Laos...?
Laos, the land of a million elephants, could now maybe called the land of a million smiles! It is so laid back and relaxed that people find the word "time travel" quite adequate. Blessed wiith stunning mountainous landscapes and a traveler friendly atmosphere, the result of a long isolation from its neighbors. Our cycling and biking routes takes you through some spectacular sceneries and hidden roads which no other provider would offer. From narrow roads shaded by jungle to shimmering green and lush rice paddies and mountains which are home to a huge variety of ethnic groups.
Off the bike, we always include guided walks through villages and forests and normally the visit of Luang Prabang remains a highlight. Every biker can reconfirm, Luang Prabang is the most attractive town for cyclists in Asia! With its colonial buildings, tree-lined roads, lively and colorful temples it remains a mystery...
The Plain of Jars, another highlight where some of our Laos cycling tours guide through, is one of Southeast Asia's most important archaeological sites, but one with more questions than answers. Located in one the most heavily bombed places on earth it is steeped in wartime history.
One of the man reasons to travel by bike through Laos is to have roads almost to ourselves and probably the friendliest people around you. Laos, until today remains the least known country in South East Asia.
An overview on our cycling tours in Laos,
A selection of what is possible on a bike through Laos
- Half and one day cycling in Luang Prabang heritage town
- 2-6 days: cycling and biking around Luang Prabang
- 1-3 days mountain bike adventure tours around Luang Prabang
- Half and 1 day cycling tours around Luang Namtha
- 1 and 2 days bike tour Vientiane biking
- 3-6 days: Luang Prabang to Vang Vieng on a mountain bike
- 3-5 days: Vang Vieng-Vientiane
- 9 days: Bike tour - Classic Luang Prabang to Vientiane cycling trip
- 8 days: Bike circuit - Northern loop around Luang Prabang
- 13 days: Cycling circuit Luang Prabang - Plains Jars - Luang Prabang
- 17 days: Biking circuit Vientiane-Luang Prabang-Vientiane
Border Crossing biking Tours from Laos
- 15 days: cycling from Luang Prabang to Hanoi
- 18 days: cycling from Chiang Mai to Vientiane
- 20 days: cycling from Chiang Rai to Vientiane
- 23 days: cycling from Chiang Mai to Hanoi